This company is a leading automotive manufacturer, with tens of primary locations globally and tens of thousands of employees. As one of the world’s largest commercial vehicle producers, this innovative organization has a production volume of hundreds of thousands of units per year, and, manufactures different brands of buses and heavy, medium, and light-size trucks, with combustion, hybrid, and electric engines.
Aware of e merging challenges in the automotive sector, the company sought to introduce new technological solutions to improve its operations. For years, the manufacturer had designed and managed Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) using traditional IT tools. These were then printed and made available on shop floors for operators to check the work instructions and to monitor the production. This legacy working method was proving to be very costly and inefficient:
The Augmented & Connected Worker solution ensures that operations are more efficient and safe. By digitizing the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), workers accessed checklists on their devices in real time and were guided through execution with Augmented Reality (AR).
- Desktop interface to create SOPs: Digitized processes with configurable workflows, steps, and media support.
- Monitoring and management capabilities – Aggregated data, alerts, dashboards, and automated reports to help with decision-making.
- Mobile app and station screen: Operators have an app and a screen on each assembly station to see work instructions and input data.
- Augmented Reality Training: Operators can use out-of-the-box AR mode to help them execute the tasks and access autonomous training.
THE AUGMENTED & CONNECTED TEAM BENEFITS
The manufacturer migrated the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) with assembly work instructions to the Augmented & Connected Worker Platform. As a result, the manufacturer was able to streamline the creation and management of SOPs, improve shop floor communication, and reduce training costs.
Faster planning and reaction time
Faster room and on-the-job training
Learn all about this success story
Fill out the form and download the Case Study for free to learn more about:
- The Augmented & Connected Worker technology.
Digital processes to improve safety and efficiency of operations
Improved workers’ skills and reduced training
A more efficient team with more shop floor mobility